There are quite a few Frederick Douglass books that are available for you to read, but not all of them are necessarily good. Therefore, we created the following list. In addition, if you are interested in finding out more details on a book, simply click on the title.
A comprehensive list of the best Frederick Douglass Books:
- Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom
- Frederick Douglass : Autobiographies : Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave / My Bondage and My Freedom / Life and Times of Frederick Douglass (Library of America)
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (Classic Thoughts and Thinkers)
- Two Friends: Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass
- Picturing Frederick Douglass: An Illustrated Biography of the Neneteenth Century’s Most Photographed American
- Frederick Douglass: The Lion Who Wrote History
- Facing Frederick: The Life of Frederick Douglass, a Monumental American man
- Frederick Douglass: America’s Prophet
- Women in the World of Frederick Douglass
- Words Set Me Free: The Story of Young Frederick Douglass (Paula Wiseman Books)
- Giants: The Parallel Lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln
- Giant’s Causeway: Frederick Douglass’s Irish Odyssey and the Making of an American Visionary
Next, be sure to take the Frederick Douglass Quiz and see how many you can answer correctly.
Looking for more information on Frederick Douglass? Then check out our list of famous Frederick Douglass quotes here.
Writer / Quiz Creator
Andrew Nicholas is a passionate reader and writer on the subjects of history and mankind. He is a published author, critic, and poet who grew up in the friendly scenery of rural Ohio. He is a graduate of Wright State University and a regular student of historical curiosities.